kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I have had a fabulous week! I have been preparing for Seth's eighth birthday. In doing so it has sent me down a trail of many happy memories. I will share a few. I did not know that Seth was a a boy for sure but I always said that if he came out a girl I would name him Joy. His spirit was one of joy and sunshine from the very beginning. He is a happy boy, content, loves friends and family. He is messy ( even his teacher at school teases him about that) but hey "a boy can't be perfect in every way," I say to him. Nonetheless my good friend has shown me the fun fun process of DVD making and it has sent me down memory lane- I have cried, laughed, and wished for one week to just sit and hold that boy again. Actually I am doing it more-this morning when he came into my room I was being lazy and he snuggled in close it was a precious 'mom moment'. I love my children they are super kids! They have helped me grow! They have taught me many lessons and continue to-Thank you Seth for giving me sunshine regularly for eight years! Sunshine! Sunshine is every where, I can find it daily if I look, especially if I remember who the Son is.

1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

I remember the day Seth Joe was born...I still remember coming into the nursery at Castle View Hospital and when I saw that precious little one fresh from Father and Mother, I was overcome with such love and tenderness...and I just cried. The feeling of love for my dear friend, the sweet spirit of a new baby...and also the adoption process was beginning for us...Kendra was born in Haiti. So, my dear friend, hold on to those precious little ones...they are such a blessing to us! Thanks for sharing...I pray his baptism is a special and sweet time as well for you all...wish I could be there! Love ya...your AZ friend...Lis ox