kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Guilty!!!!
I am admitting to my friends and fam two things that I have done and probably will do again:(hoepfully not) first and foremost I open my eyes regularly in prayers, Chris used to tease me, but excepts my lack of eye closure. Where does this lead to- Sunday (Luke is a model child of irreverence.) my eyes peeked open during the closing prayer of sacrament meeting to find Luke doing a jig in front of Derek, arms full swing and the whole works; he was laughing because Dek had his eyes closed (takes after his father) and was not paying attention. Confession #1
Confession #2 "I am soo fat." I have said this to my poor husband too many times no more. I had a moment last night when I realized as women how silly this is-someone who is extremely thin had said this to her husband and I laughed because she is thin.
I must ask why? Men do not go around comparing legs, chests, hair, etc. So why do we, I know some is related to the media and the culture of women's beauty, all of us know where true beauty comes from-WITHIN. We know this, yet, it is like we do not want to believe it. A lady that used to clean Kathy's house was not anything one might find on Cover Girl, but how pretty she is, for example, she loved all the children and would care for them gently. She cleaned with love and thoughtfulness, she would hug me whenever I came in. She was simple and simply put beautifully kind. Beauty shown from her. I will start the trend today, go tell yourself your beautiful, smile be proud to be you-It is nice, it feels right, after all "God did not create junk" and I do not want my daughter to see through that strange mirror of beauty.- I am beautiful, my friends are beautiful, and my family is beautiful!!!!!

"The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express." (unknown)

8 comments:

Amie said...

I love your thoughts, Court. You're too humble to even believe this, but you are gorgeous inside and out! Anyone who heard you say anything BUT positive things while looking in the mirror would be shocked. I love the new pictures on the side of the blog!

stormee said...

Court, I love you so much. You truly are beautiful in and out. And what truths you speak. Thanks for all your humbling blogs.

Lacy said...

Nice post. Very inspiring. It is a good reminder to all of us women. I am just as guilty as you are with the eye opening during prayers. Dj makes fun of me too.

Kelli said...

Court, you have absolutely nothing to worry about! Look at that picture of you and your daughter - you are gorgeous!! I totally understand what you are saying though. I have to remind myself of that exact thing all the time.

By the way, Jessica (Moon) changed her blog to private and didn't invite anyone to see it I guess. She said that if she decides to blog again, she will invite us to see it. So, I can't let her know that way, but I will e-mail and let her know. Sorry it's taken me so long!!

The Christman's said...

What a great post Court! I love that quote "God did not create junk!" This is so true & my new motto. We are all beautiful in the site of God but it's hard at times to accept ourselves for what we are. You are such a beautiful woman inside & out!

T said...

So true!

John and Ashley said...

Way to go Court, you are beautiful, and I to open my eyes in prayer.

The Bunnells said...

Hey Court, It was great talking to you at the boys Ball game! I want to thank you and Chris for all you do for the youth! Sometimes we wonder how we can fit one more thing in our life's but if its for the kids then we need to make room they are only with us for a short time!! We shouln't care if the house gets clean or if we are Fat!! When our kids are gone we can have time to clean and work out!!!! Your A wonderful person, thanks for always being a true friend!! Love, Becky
I added your blog to mine hope thats ok!