kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Sunday, April 5, 2009


I have posted a picture of a butterfly because of the symbolism it carries with Easter. The idea of a fuzzy, even chubby caterpillar turning into something as pretty as a butterfly makes me smile as well. The crystallis opening-the transformation is simply delightful! This reminds me of the awakening the earth had almost 2,000 years ago with the glorious Resurrection. How glorious that day has been and will continue to be for all. As I see butterflies out and about during the spring and summer I feel the child in me come alive: I watch, I smile, I even follow it to some degree-where does it land? They are a simple reminder my love for nature, my personal growth, and choice blessings in my life- my family, friends, and the Savior.


Happy, Happy Birthday to my handsome husband!!!!


He is 35 this week. He doesn't seem like he's aged much, for example, he's always been a busy guy, he still plays sports, he can still dunk, and he still wears the same size in clothes as he did on his mission. A few differences from his younger years to now is he can't keep his eyes open past much past nine, he can't sleep much past six, he has five kids, worries about retirement, and he loves gardening. (According to his parents this was not something he did in his youth.)

One thing that has not changed is that I love him dearly. Happy Birthday Chris!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Way cute! Happy Birthday Chris. I like the photo of the butterfly.

Becki Madsen said...

I love your analogy with butterflies what a great way to think about Easter! I agree your choicest blessings, life is wonderful with a bounty of love from the Savior, family and great friends! Happy Easter!

things we love... said...

Happy Burfday Chris!!!!!!!!! Okay, Luke shaving......hahahahaha!!! Only Lukey!! He is too cute!!!!! Good thing taxes end in, uh...... like less than a WEEK!!!!

Miss Lisa said...

Thanks, Court for your life! You inspire me! You're such a sweet woman, mother and wife...I love you!

and tell Chris Happy Birthday from the Bawden's!! :) What a good man you have...we sure miss those visits from the cute Justice Fam on Sunday afternoons! (Maybe someday again, huh?---I know how you could get rid of those "cold windy winter days"...Move to Mesa with the Bawden's!! ha ha :)

Love ya! :)