kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Monday, March 23, 2009


This picture says it all- We Miss our daddy. Chris' life really makes me tired. He's a worker to say the least. Tax Season is almost through.
It has been windy-windy -windy! SURPRISED? That is our Emery Springs. So with that I have pondered on our winds of life lately while missing dad.
Top Ten
10. The new dog Belle- it is a dog need I say more. (Sorry Tai we really do love her, she's just a dog- cute though.)
9. My 3 days of illness, thanks to my family or the house may still be in shambles. (What would I do if it was more?)
8. Smoke! Tai's dinner for being ordained a deacon- the meatloaf spilled over in the oven and smoke was everywhere, we opened windows, doors etc. Grandma Jean was the worried one.
7. The wind blew our Big Bertha tube outside behind the truck, Chris and I ran it over and then it lodged itself on the exhaust pipe, I suppose a new tube is in the future.
6. I fell twice in a week, once running with the dog, and I tripped on the sidewalk, both times were a ten, both resulted in a head thump and some bleeding- yep.
5. We weren't 'holy' enough, ha ha! We had a leak which has taken about a month to finally resolve where it is coming from- the tub tiles- now we have a three foot hole in our kitchen ceiling due to the investigation. This is a good FHE lesson on our holes and patching with the proper source.
4. Washer leak- new washer and dryer. Ohh those new ones are splendid, this was a cool breeze in the end.
3. Luke left the b-ball game a week ago and found his way to the parking lot to get in the van- it was locked, a nice lady brought him to us. Oh sakes!
2. I do beleive in happy winds- our chickens are laying again-that made Seth's week.
#1. Luke Shaved- Yes he really did. He came upstairs bledding from his mouth so it appeared. After a few minutes of wiping and him repeatedly saying, " I sabed." I discovered it was really his upper lip cut in a diagonal strip a few times. I found out he had gotten Chris' razor and shaved because he has wiskers- yes he does grow up too fast.
With all this said I don't mean it in any way except to create a laugh- we have it good and we are sooooo blessed it is just fun to see where the winds take us- they help the Justice's grow and keep perspective how about you?

4 comments:

John and Ashley said...

I love it, so many of those sound so familiar. I have started putting my meatloaf on a cookie sheet because that has happened more than once to us.

stormee said...

I can honestly say that I have never cooked meatloaf! Maybe now I am really glad!! Luke is so cute! I love how he is so lovable to Garek who he knows is a good friend he never sees!! Love a Court!

kacy faulconer said...

You won't believe this: I was reading this on my laptop waiting for my hair straightener to warm up while Ellen was playing in the sink. I looked up and she was covered in blood! I had literally just read about Luke so I knew exactly what had happened. Of course, maybe if I hadn't been reading blogs it wouldn't have happened. . . :-}(She's fine.)

Kevin and Erin said...

You never know what life is going to throw at you! We have had a run of crazy things also.