kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Monday, March 16, 2009

Going Green or something like that???

I enjoy the holidays even small ones like St Patrick's Day! I try to do silly things for the kids. Needless to say I am going green beyond the green treats and the clothes- I am commiting to do better at keeping the lights off- this is a problem at our house lights on when nobody is in the room. I am a composter (though have grown lax during the winter) I plan to do better at throwing those grubs out to the garden. I am a "throw-awayer." (Is that even a word?) Anyway I think it might be another 'green' area to work on recycling. Here there are not places to take it unless over to Price. But I commit to my dear family and friends to do better with taking them to the recycling place- wherever that may be- I will find that out! There is my commitment I hope to be a bit like Oscar and enjoy my trash to some degree- I laugh at the idea of comparing myself to Oscar but hey what can I say? I love this beautiful earth I do. I see it as a gift form the Lord and I want to be as helpful in taking care of it as possible!
Any suggestions or ideas on helping me are appreciated.

Everyone have a happy day and be jolly even if not in GREEN like the giant.

2 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

I'm so glad to find your blog! Good luck being green.

things we love... said...

You are way to nice to me while I was airing my dirty laundry!! I love you sooo much!!!