kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This is just a quick post to all you fellow moms out there-a parenting moment one might say...

Chris, Derek, Tai, and I ran in the annual Turkey Trot here in Huntington on Thanksgiving and Dek beat me so needless to say I owe him some cash ha ha. Anyway long story short we came home got everything ready for the big dinner and were tired from our exertion earlier that morning so while watching a show we dozed off, yes, Luke saw this as a prime time to do some art work that he learned from watching Barbie Diamond Castle with Sis. He took a brush and painted a lovely picture in the ahll, in the playroom (it was a bit bigger in there), in his room and their closet and the shelves in his closet. One might ask why was paint out because I had started painting a "cliche' " wall in our play room and it was one of the screw cap paint bottles. He managed he is a smartie and very artistic too. I have been repairing the damage for a couple days and feel responsible myself. Yes, this is my baby.

Here is a parenting moment and hope you all can either give yourself a pat on the back for your great families or relieve yourself from some guilt-it is all great-Parenting!!! Love it!!!

Hey Brooke hope this makes you feel a bit better- we've all been in crazy mom moments.

8 comments:

Amie said...

That is funny! It's so good to read about your family! I just started a blog- here it is-
onthefrontporchswing.blogspot.com
Amie Leonhardt, by the way

Jessica said...

Look at all your new bloggin stuff. You are taking this serious now girl... glad to see! Hey.. I won't even go into my worst parenting moments! Luv ya!

Kelli said...

I hope you took a picture! That's too funny! Don't you love those crazy mom moments? We all have them and I guess they keep life interesting!

Hopefully, next time we are in E.C., we can schedule a visit with you guys! That is, if we ever get over there! It may be well into January before we do! We'll plan on it though!

stormee said...

That is so funny. Garek also loves painting, luckily none of my rooms need redone at the moment. When they do maybe they can get together! Lookin good Court! love ya.

things we love... said...

Look at you blogging, Nice job Court!!! Seriously Luke is the best!!! Love you!!!

The Christman's said...

I saw all of your pics in the paper running the turkey trout. Congrats! You guy's all did awesome. What a great Mom to motivate your kids like that.
Hope you guy's have a great holiday season!

The Greens said...

Hey Court! So fun to catch up on your family!! It's crazy that as much as I'm down in Emery County, I haven't seen you in like 10 YEARS! Sheesh!!! I loved seeing pics of your DARLING kids-- what a beautiful family. I still love you to pieces!

Christianne

Laneea said...

I had a moment like this just last week. I still can't get the dry/erase marker off the wall or drawers upstairs. I am glad that other mom out there are experiencing the same drama that occurs in my house. I guess that just means that we are all normal