kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Monday, June 1, 2009

There are two particular times during the year that I evaluate/reflecton my life and the kind of person that I want to be. One happens to be New Year's and I can honestly say that it has little to do with the resolutions it is simply after the hoopla and fun of Christmas and the kids break I want to clean my house and reflect on those fun and exciting times and I am truly excited for what the new year might bring. With that said I must now say the other-my birthday... I say it with hesitation because it scrambles my brain. I am not one of those who do not like getting older, nor am I one who dislikes presents-bring them on especially from Chris. It is a strange phenomenon it has something to do with the attention. What is wrong with me?!
Growing up my mom went all out balloons, cakes, present, parties, etc. It was the greatest day of the year. Now not so much- HELP! Every year I beg Chris to take me somewhere, he offered this year to, but I told him I want to be strong-hee hee!
I am petitioning my friends and family for their advice- why is this birth-day thing so icky to me? Am I crazy? Has the party girl in me disappeared? (She never really existed maybe that is the dilemma) I like to think of myself as a positive person so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me and I am going to make my 34th year a great year!!!! I will make it through another birthday.

6 comments:

Lacy said...

Happy Bday! Hey I am going private sometime in the near future, will you leave me your email address on my blog so I can send ya an invite?

things we love... said...

Oh no you are not escaping this year, haha!! Lai will be there bright and early wishing you a Happy, Happy Burfday!!! We love you!!!!

Becki Madsen said...

Oh you cute Courtnee. It does seem that birthday's aren't as exciting when you start having kids and have so much on your plate, but HONESTLY you deserve a day where you celebrate YOU! Even if it is only an extra 10 minutes to yourself. I used to get bothered about my birthday because it falls 2 days before Christmas and my mom would always forget to make me a cake or celebrate so I think that is why I go all out for my kids birthdays. But to tell you the truth with all of the missed cakes and non celebratory birthdays, I don't expect much but my birthday feels complete when I am with my husband and kids and not much more. I don't even know if what a word I said makes sense but do know you are loved. I too feel like we are so much alike and after all these years and to finally be able to keep in contact with you more..I just adore you and look up to you and wish you the happiest of happy birthdays ever! Love ya Court!

Kelli said...

Court - WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY at our meeting yesterday?!?!? What a way to celebrate-planning a reunion and talking about all-stars!!?? I'm sorry I didn't say it yesterday so I'll say it a day late-Happy Birthday!! Love ya!

T said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Court!! Every year my kids ask me what I want for my birthday and I say "minding kids". It's what my mom used to say. Funny how what you want, and your view of things changes as you get "wiser" (I didn't say older!). Hope you had a great day!
-Tiff

Miss Lisa said...

My dear friend, Court...I am so sorry I missed your bday! I was actually driving home from Utah (picking my mother up at my sister's) I didn't have service most the day and then of course, LIFE happened when I got home after being gone 4 days!! Well, I do want you to know and never forget you are such a dear person in my life...one of those 'sisters from another mother' :) And I hope we can have the great privelege of spending ETERNITY together next door to one another...I love you and count my lucky stars I know such a valiant and strong woman!! Thanks for all you do...I honor you and thank my Father in heaven for giving me such an amazing friend/sister as you! love you lots...Lis :)