kayaking

kayaking
getting started...
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Monday, October 5, 2009

I always say that the upcoming season is my favorite, but I so love fall that it really might be the best season. My favorite fall things are canning and seeing the shelves in the pantry filling up, pumpkins, falling leaves (colors, the crunch etc.), the crisp air, football season (watching my boys play), apples, mums, and last but not least the smells.

The smells that excite me for the season:

Apple cider

Cinnamon

Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin Bread

Nutmeg

Jellies cooking

Crisp air outside

maple

Happy smelling to all my dear friends and I sure hope the seeds that were sown in the summer months are bringing you a great harvest!!!!!

6 comments:

Amie said...

I LOVE this post! Fall is the BEST! Plus, I'm on a diet and can't taste anything good, but I can still appreciate a good SMELL! :)

Kelli said...

Yum, those are definitely the best smells! That is the greatest thing about fall, I agree! I just hate the cold because I'm a wus and I FREEZE! But...I guess it wouldn't be fall if we didn't have that change, right? So I guess the good far outweighs the bad! Miss you!

kacy faulconer said...

I love Fall too and I am especially excited for Halloween.

Jessica said...

You'll love this, Courtnee: http://twiceremembered.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-gave-party.html
So fun to find your blog through Kelli!
--Jessica

The Christman's said...

Fall is the best season ever! I only wish it would last longer. Thanks for the great post!

Unknown said...

I love canning in the fall too. Its is very satisfying to see the shelves fill with all those beautiful jars!